Thread: 1964 body repair sections - not of this world!

Angry 1964 body repair sections - not of this world!

it has come to my attention after much searching on the net that NOBODY makes repair sections for '64 buicks of the wildcat/le abre/electra variety!

i have tried to obtain but unsuccessfully front floor pans and a trunk floor.

i understand that no one in the US restores these cars, mine must be worth a fortune!

does anyone know of a little company making anything that would fit?
    would chevy panels of a similar year do? how about pontiac? how about anybloodything!!!!!!

i would be VERY grateful if anybody knows or can point me in the right direction.

I would expect the best place to look would be in a southern autowrecker like Desert Dog. You can check out the links section (upper right) or the one in www.Buicks.net
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Lightbulb Buick Parts

Try Ken Reeves at wwww.wheatbeltbuick.com.

He should be able to HELP! You out.

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861

for belly pans, frame and suspension pieces, etc you can normally use any parts for any GM of that body style and era.

for actual sheet metal / body panels and such you'll probably have to get a part out of a desert junk yard.

btw, a Le Sabre or Wildcat is a "B body" or mid-size car while an Electra is a "C body" or full size car.

http://www.classicbuicks.com/body_style.htm
    The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
    Vladimir Lenin

Government schooling is about "the perfect organization of the hive."
    H.H. Goddard, Human Efficiency (1920)

unobtainium

thanks for all the replies folks i shall check the links out.

thanks again.

Found these guys today. May have what you are looking for. Hope this helps.

http://www.classicfabrication.com/

OLe JIM Guest

Ole BUICK Sheet Metal??

YEH! getting Sheet metal for any Ole BUICK is real HARD! I forget the internet!--& Auto Suppliers-- I Go to Salvage yards & Look for Floor & Trunk Pans--& have Welded In some Pretty Nice Stuff!--as inner Floors & Trunks Don*t Require all that much Finish work!--& other Members Suggestions On--Nice Rust FREE! Floors & other Panels Sounds Good to ME!--I live in MAINE Where RUST is a BIG Problem!--& GRASS!-from Sitting!--as Under Body parts Take HELL here!--& in listining to Adds! they Sound Good but they Don*t have any On Hands working w/ them! I ordered a Pick Up Body from Out West- a 68 Chevy--it was Delivered & I was Amazed?? at NO! RUST!--just like working w/ NEW!--Beautiful!! if YOU can Afford Them?? thats the WAY to GO!--I have heard Rummors of GUYS that DO Great Jobs on re-building Floors! but I Don*t Know of any Personally!--so I DO Mine Myself! & their NOT Perfect as I*D really Like!--but--they are Better than Most! I have seen!--as Necessity is the Mother of Invention! & Inprovise! is what makes the Differance between the CRUSHER & a Daily Driver!--Ole JIM--

floor pans

try oldbuickparts.com