Thread: Newbie Needs Help!

Surfcowboy Guest

Newbie Needs Help!

I just bought a 1951 2dr Special and I have no idea where to start! I do know that I would like to find out about original paint schemes, interior, etc. Is there a place where I can go on-line to get ideas from pictures of cars that are finished. Or maybe there is some type of book with pictures of cars?

I would really appreciate if anybody could help me!

Thanks so much...
    Surfcowboy
    Last edited by Surfcowboy; 07-12-2006 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Wrong info

The best purchase for what you are looking for is a sales brochure. Unfortunatly there isn't one on ebay right now.

There is some info here...
    http://www.buicks.net/years/51.shtml

You should have a shop manual. They have the info too, but it is just black and white.

There is a shop manual HERE
    Last edited by rcull; 07-13-2006 at 05:54 AM.
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

OLe JIM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfcowboy
    I just bought a 1951 2dr Special and I have no idea where to start! I do know that I would like to find out about original paint schemes, interior, etc. Is there a place where I can go on-line to get ideas from pictures of cars that are finished. Or maybe there is some type of book with pictures of cars?

I would really appreciate if anybody could help me!

Thanks so much...
    Surfcowboy
    Surfcowboy--back in the 50s most color schemes were One solid Color--Dashes were prettyer & in the 50s Biucks had a Machined turned Dash that Looked Great--& most imteriors were Gray or TAN Mohair!-Nothing very Fancy! but Very Plush for that Era!--& Most 50s Buicks were Solid BLACK Exteriors--as I re-Call? the FIRST Marron Buick I ever SAW!-was My DADs new 49 Buick!--a streight Eight-Standard that I leaned to Dive In!--a Big Long CAR! My Uncle had a New Buick automatic--that Made a Lot of Engine Noise & Didn*t Go all that Fast? Takimg OFF!-- I prefer a Standard Shift Myself!-but--as WE all KNOW! they Don*t make them Any More!--as I have given a lot of Thought?? to Buying a NEW Buick Roadmaster & installing a 4 gear Standard in IT!--as I*LL BET? the Fuel Milage would Scare the ARABS to Death?--I don*t have any Info other than my Memory! but I hope that I have Helped? Ole JIM