- Buick 455 Drag Strip Tests from Kenne-Bell
    - Buick 400, 430, 455 Engine Specifications
- Buick Staging Chart
- Differences Between 1970-71 And 1972 and Later Type Block
- Head Flow Chart
- Cam Button

Thread: Crane Cam question ???

Crane Cam question ???

I reciently purchased a supposedly crane cam , its new - the original box and cam card..I know it was foolish to get it that way..Does Crane cams have any distinctive markings or numbers..? whats the best way to check the lift and duration?

You could do the lift with a set of calipers or micrometer measuring the difference between the base circle and the lobe hieght. The duration, you would have to put it in a block with a crankshaft.
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Sometimes cam makers will stamp the lift and/or duration figures on the back of the cam.
    Steve B.

67 GS 525 Buick Stage IV
    66 GS Convertible
    65 GS HT
    63 Riv
    02 Subaru WRX Turbo
    03 Ford Cobra Convertible (Factory Supercharged)

Cam question

do you think a machine could help.?

If you mean "machine shop", they could measure the lobe hieght for you. Probably almost any auto service center or rebuilder could do that too.

You are probably best off to compare the lift to the chart you got with the cam, and if it is very close, consider the spec sheet correct, at least until you instal it.
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Crane cam Queation

On the back it says 910736 and 1312 i think and before the end imbetween the lobs theres white stripe and says 1231 and below it 301 inbetween the lobes 21 a1 d2 16 ..? i know this info is most likely useless..I pick the cam up at a swap meet..the vender told me it was a crane cam.. A NEW CRANE WOLVERINE CAM THAT HAS NEVER BEEN RAN-IT IS GREAT FOR STOCK OR MILD PERFORMANCE IT HAS 469 LIFT INTAKE-493 EXHAUST-214@.050 INTAKE AND 224@.050 EXHAUST AND 114 LOBE SEPEATION WILL WAKE UP ANY BBB 67-76- I was wondering can this be this cam...

Crane Cam

If its supposedly a crane cam, the cheapest thing to do is call Crane Cams tech line and give them the numbers stamped on the cam. They should be able to tell you the lift, duration, and etc.