Thread: A bear who knows his cars

A bear who knows his cars

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/05/D8ILQ4003.html

Tahoe Bear Swills Booze With Pizza Snack
    Jul 05 7:25 AM US/Eastern

STATELINE, Nev.

A bear cub drew a crowd of spectators at a Lake Tahoe neighborhood as it munched on barbecue-chicken-and-jalapeno pizza in the back seat of a vintage red Buick convertible.

It also apparently washed it down with a swig of a Jack Daniel's mixer, an Absolut vodka and tonic, and a beer taken from a cooler, the vehicle's owner said.

About 30 people watched the cub lumber around a parking lot in upper Kingbury Grade on Sunday before it homed in on the Buick and the spicy pizza on the floor.

The bruin was unfazed by the car's horn the blew nonstop as the cub pressed the seat into the steering wheel.

"The bear was loping along in the parking lot and then decides to get inside the car," said resident Jerry Patterson.

"People were screaming at him, the horn was going off, but he was completely unaware. He did what he wanted to do and the people didn't matter."

The bear remained inside the 1964 Buick Skylark for about 20 minutes and at times put his paws on the dash as if he were holding on for a ride, Patterson said.

The owner of the car, David Ziello of South Lake Tahoe, said the bruin didn't cause any damage, but slopped cheese and jalapenos on the seats and floor.

Carl Lackey, a biologist with the Nevada Department of Wildlife, said up to two dozen bears live in the Kingsbury region near the south shore of Lake Tahoe.

The residential area sees more of them because the bears have found a primary source from Dumpsters and people who leave their food and trash in the open, said Lackey, who tracks and relocates bears on the Nevada side of the Tahoe basin.

Lackey warned visitors and residents against keeping food inside their vehicles.

"When you are in bear habitat, regardless of the time of year, you cannot leave any kind of food out _ whether it's food inside the car, trash inside or outside your car, or pet food," Lackey said.

"Bears will find it and in doing so, it is increasing your chances of serious conflict."
    ___ Information from: Tahoe Daily Tribune, http://tahoe.com/tribune

Here's the pic

http://www.nbc10.com/slideshow/news/...s;p=news;w=400

The page has 73 versions of the pic with captions sent in by readers. If you would like to submit a caption, go to http://www.nbc10.com/entertainment/9469488/detail.html
    Last edited by jimpeel; 07-05-2006 at 10:27 PM.

My submission

Goin' topless and bearin' it all; I'll be sleepin' in caves by this time next fall; until then I'm stylin' in my topless Skylark; and livin' on garbage at Jellystone Park.

Alternate choice: and outrunnin' the rangers at Jellystone Park

Suzieq Guest

1997 Buick LeSabre

I need some help with my dads Buick. It is a 1997 LeSabre and I don't know if it has a timing chain or a belt. Can you help?

Your local library likely has Motor's or Chilton's manuals that should answer that question. They usually keep the auto manuals in the reference area and don't allow them to be checked out so take as many dimes with you as you think you'll need for the copier.

here is a picture of the bear and the car.....