Thread: Fenderskirts for a '53 Buick Super? Are they Foxcraft, etc? Need info!

Question Fenderskirts for a '53 Buick Super? Are they Foxcraft, etc? Need info!

I know some guys stay in certain areas of the board (this question had been posted in another part of the baord) so I'm going to post this here, to see what kind of opinions and help I might be able to get.

Ok,...I ordered a pair from Agape Auto,...didn't fit well,...contours were off. No problem.

Got a pair of originals from a guy at Carlisle a few days ago,....NICE!! However the old "cam-type" system of attaching them is,..well,...no other way to put it,..

DAMN STUPID!!

There's NO WAY these things will stay on,...in fact if i give them a good bump, they come loose!! YEOW! NOT COOL!!!

So before I modify them by removing the old cam style system of securing them (I use that terminology loosly,...no pun intended!!) and get down to modifying them,....does anyone here have the same fender skirts and maybe could help me find the inner fender mounting tabs that I can either purchase or fabricate for myself? Thanks in advance. Not sure if they are Foxcraft or another brand??!!
    See pics of my skirts here(three links, three differenct pics):

http://www.teambuick.com/forums/atta...9&d=1146955103

http://www.teambuick.com/forums/atta...1&d=1146955394

http://www.teambuick.com/forums/atta...2&d=1146955501

Thanks in advance!
    Jason

Question hmm,...

Wow, I'm surprised that no one has any info on these?? Anybody,...anybody,..last call!!

Jason

Well, I have looked in my parts book for fender skirts, but have not found them.
    Maybe, I'll have a further look tomorrow...
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

O.K. here's what I have found. They are part group 8.175. My '54 parts book starts a group 10., and my '68 Seems to jump past it. One image of a '49 shows two bolts which may be related in 8.900.
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

I found my other '54 book with 8.175 in it. it appears that the "rear wheel shield" was offered until 1949. ( I am probably wrong, but that's what it looks like).

Very interesting! So they were offered, but only by buick untill 1949 as per that parts book? So the fact is, these are MOST DEFINITLEY aftermarket skirts......that's what I was thinking also. I'm more than sure these HAVE to be a set of Foxcraft skirts!! I'm going to try and get in touch with Big Jim's skirts in TX. Supposedly he has all kinds of hardware. Thanks for all of your time and help!

Jason

Here is a set with the brackets that fit your car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-1...QQcmdZViewItem
    Jim Carmichael 55 Buick Special & 65 Buick Riviera GS