Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics of my perty 55'

DrivesLikeAMarshmallow Guest

Cool Pics of my perty 55'

so heres some pics of the buick... it ought to be here tomorrow or the next day (being shipped from michigan) but i got to spend about a week with it before shipping.. so here ya go

heres me "in" my new buick

i'm just too short to reach the carb...

lookit my pretty clean engine compartment

nice frame (could use a cleaning and undercoat)

more..

my nonfactory-super-comfly-i-cant-see-over-the-steering-wheel-without-them seats

here she just got a bath

ooo..shiny

aw look, shes posing... she like having her picture taken

Look like a car to be proud of!

Hope you put some pic's into the "showroom". They last there, here after a while they dissappear...
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

It looks absolutely beautiful. How new is that paint? The only major issues I see are those seats and those wheels, especially those seats. No offense, if you like them, keep them. Just not my personal taste. Otherwise, stunning car. (Did I mention I really hate the seats?)
    scott

the seats..

its kindof a love hate relationship with the seats... i dont like they way they look but i love the way they sit! I had an old jeep wagoneer that had bench and they were so uncomfortable after about an hour sittin in them! but at the same time, it dose take something away fromt he car without the original seats.... itd be cool if i could find some old velvet buick seats out of a wagon or something, lower profile but just as comfy. Ya, i like the wheels, but no on THIS car, theyer too small... anyone know whatside wheel and tire where OEM? my speedometer is wrong because the tires are too small

oh and i guess the paint cant be more than a year or 2 old... the original color was like and aqua and white

pics

Wow! Very nice! The car is sweet too. Both have very nice paint. Hope it's all going well now. The gold/black thing is nicer than I imagined. I think you had 15 inch wheels stock, same as most that period. ~T~

Yes that is a nice car and it is nice to see a young lady working on her own car. My 12 year old grandaughter helps me on my 53 and seems to really enjoy it.
    Jim Carmichael 55 Buick Special & 65 Buick Riviera GS

Nice car indeed ! From what you wrote about your problems with the brakes and carb etc. I had not expected such a sight !

Regarding your wheels:
    When I am not too much mistaken, your 1955 Special featured the same wheels/tires like my 1956 Special did when new.
    Thus, for factory outfit, you will need 15"x 5.50 K wheels (I do not know, whether only BUICK wheels will fit in regards of the bolt pattern) and put on either original bias-ply tires 7.10-15 (standard) or 7.60-15 (optional, but reportedly more shimmy on uneven road surfaces). You could also go with cheaper G78-15 tires (also bias-ply) or if you would rather rely on (rather hefty priced, especially when white-walled) radials, 215/75R15 (equivalent to 7.10-15) or 225/75R15 (equivalent to 7.60-15) are the ones to go for.

Good luck and loads of fun with your beauty (any nickname for it, yet ?)
    Maikl
    A bad solution is applicable to almost every problem !

Talking 50's Wheels

The rims look tlike the Buick Rallee Wheels used on Buicks in the 60's & 70's (they still have value for Buicks in that era)

The correct bolt patern is 5x5 and Buick wheels should be used due to the Hanger studs and the "Lug Bolt's rather than the customary lug nuts.

Best bet would be to get a proper set of 5 at a Buick Salvage Yard. and have them sandblasted and powder coated.

I got my tires from Diamondback Tire 235- 15 http://dbtires.com and I'm very pleased with their appearance

Regards,

Tom Gallagher
    Last edited by Tom Gallagher; 06-15-2006 at 08:47 PM.
    Thanking YOU, for YOUR Valued Cooperation and Experience in This Matter.

NOSTALGIA Is A DEVICE That REMOVES The RUTS and POTHOLES From MEMORY LANE.
    Tom Gallagher (BUICK BANSHEE)
    1956 Buick Special 2 Door H/Top 46R: Red & White
    Darlington Station, RI. 02861