-
263 Head X-Sections
    - Building a High Performance Straight Eight
- Buick Straight Eight Lifter Adjustment
- Straight Eight Intake Manifold X-Sections
- Straight Eight Oil Supply Update

Thread: Drive pulley details for '52 Roadmaster Power Steering

Drive pulley details for '52 Roadmaster Power Steering

Hi, Although I've been enjoying this site for several years now, this is my first post.
    My question is in regard to the power steering option on the '52 Roadmaster. I've never seen one in the flesh, only pictures which show little actual detail. It appears that the pump is driven by a second dedicated belt. Is the crank pulley a unique double sheive pulley integral to the harmonic balancer? Or is the drive pulley a separate "add on" part? If so, is which side of the balancer is it mounted to? Any details would be appreciated. Thanks.

It is about a 7" pulley mounted on the front of the balancer.

But, I guess a picture is worth....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!

Thanks for the excellent picture. That balancer looks thinner than normal. I wonder if it is unique to the PS option or a normal '52 RM part. Also, since the PS belt must pass between the fan belt and the fan I wonder if a longer spacer is used to move the fan foreward for clearance. I'm just full of questions, aren't I ? If you would be so kind as to measure the thickness of the balancer and the fan spacer I'd buy you a beer next time I see you. Thanks again.

The balancer is 9/16" and the spacer is 1 1/4".

You are right, the standard balancer is 15/16".

If you would llike to place an image of your car in your signature, click here for instructions
    WEBNOTE: When inserting an email in a posting, use the "smilie" @ so that web robots don't pick up your address and send you more junk mail!
    Members can be contacted by clicking on their "handle", but you are much better off to post to the thread!