- 1964-1967 SP400 Parts Images
- How to wire the Switch Pitch on a Buick Transmission
    - 400 auto codes
- BOP Bellhousings and Automatic Identification

Thread: dyna flow vs turbo 400

dyna flow vs turbo 400

Okay i found a 65 401 to install in my 63 lesabre wagon. So now I need to swap the transmissions. What tranny will bolt up in place of my dyna flow? will I need to change drive line length or yokes? What about tranny crossmember?

There are a host of problems, Flywheel bolt changes, driveline changes, starter changes, etc.

There's a place here oin Minnesota that does make trans convertor adpaters--

called B. Bentson

'63 Riviera
    '73 Riviera
    '76 Riviera
    '70 Eldorado
    '78 Tornado
    '94 Lex-***; it's good for something--getting parts!

dyna flow vs. turbo 400

what about the same year super turbine tranny?

Your 63 has the open driveline with a Dynaflow---if you have a 65 motor your can put the TH400 out of a 64Buick or the SP400 out of a 65-66 use the flex plate that came with your 65 motor or there are plenty avaliable off other engines in the bone yards---new ones should be around also. Can`t remember for sure--do you have the split driveshaft?? Either way it should not be a big problem making a driveshaft. Your shift linkage from the column won`t work as the pattern is reversed. Either change steering columns or use a floor shift from LoCar. This swap is much easier as you don`t have to mess with the torque tube. Good Luck!!

Are the drive line yokes the same from 63 dyna flow to 64-65 sp-400 ? Are the steering columns interchangeable from 63 to 64-65 with the shift selector pattern that I need? Hate to cut a hole in the floor for the lokar, plus if I did that I would want to find a floor shift column so I didnt have the nub from the coulmn shifter.

Most of the later columns will work with some modifications--the rag joint may be different, but you might be able to use your old one--it could be to long or to short. So take pics of what you have and some measurements---and hit the swap meets or bone yards. Getting the correct yoke should not be a problem. You may have to make your own crossmember---and make sure you get the correct pinion angle---if you aren`t sure what to do, get the tranny in and get it to a good shop to finish it for you. Good Luck!

Turbo 400 Change Over

To Bigblack Cat...to Bad You Dont Recieve Mail From Members As I Just Tride To Send You Some Telling You How I Just Did What You Are Asking About..it Is Do.able And Well Worth It..jp

my e-mail is prtshunter@aol.com Any info on my situation would be greatly appreciated!