Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work In Progress

Work In Progress

The body shop has finally started on my 1953 Buick. They painted my 1952 Buick and did a great job so I had them do my 53 but it has been over 6 months without any action so I am glad to see them make any forward motion.

Last edited by Jim Carmichael; 04-14-2006 at 12:11 PM.
    Jim Carmichael 55 Buick Special & 65 Buick Riviera GS

I love seeing them in bare metal. Why has it been sitting with out any progress for six months? Is it being done by a friend for just the price of materials?
    scott

No it's in the body shop where I work at Valley Freightliner, Inc. but they mostly do big trucks. We have 1 man that does excellent work and he does the work on collector cars etc. but right after I put my car in the shop the owner of the company wanted him to work on his 56 Ford pickup. It's a nice truck with a 425 dual carb Buick nailhead in it and he wanted to re-do the bed and install power windows.

Well if you're willing to wait 6 months for progress, I assume you're either getting some sort of a good deal, or the quality is really worth the wait. Hopefully both, for your sake.
    scott

Yes they treat me very good in the price department. I really like the way your buick looks with the hood shaved. I had them remove the hood spear on my 53 as it was bad and I didn't like it anyway.

That is one nice car man.

You can't beat them. What kind of options does the 52 have? how about the 53, what does it have?

I've got a 64 Wildcat convertible that is so optioned out, that I would get writers cramp listing them all
    When standing knee deep in water with alligators nipping at your backside, it's difficult to remind yourself that your initial project was to drain the swamp.

BCA #40621
    64 Wildcat Ragtop - 64 LeSabre 4-Door Sedan

The 1952 & 53 Buicks have a radio and I think that may be the only option unless the heater is optional. I purchased the parts to put power steering on the 53 and intend to add airconditioning and seat belts so my wife will feel comfortable riding in it. I'm not sure if I am going to add power brakes.

When I bought my '52 the hood spear was already gone. There was also a maltese cross welded in where the hood emblem was. I'm not a big fan of the iron cross, so I cut it out, but I still need to fill the hole. As far as the options on it... none. Mine doesn't even have the radio. I had to disconnect the heaters because they were leaking water on my rusty floor boards. I'm just happy the wipers work.
    scott

My wipers work but only after the engine warms the motor up enough. I think on my 53 I will put in the electric conversion I've seen advertized with the delay feature. I have delay on my 52 but only if I step on the gas.

Yeah, I have the gas pedal wiper delay package as well. Even though the Specials are pretty bare bones as far as options, they do have one feature (I think it is standard and not an option) that seems pretty fancy for such a basic car... the dash/map lights. I don't know why, but for some reason I love those things.
    scott