PDA

View Full Version : starting

jimmy
06-13-2004, 05:48 PM
this question may be dumb but does anyone know if there is a push button to start a 1955 century of if its controled by the ignition

BillK
06-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Jimmy,
Not certain about the 55, but a lot of early Buicks had it on the accelerator pedal. Push the pedal all the way to the floor and the starter engages.
Hope this helps,

iddie makel
06-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Yep,My '55 special has it hooked up to the accelerator pedal.
iddie

Judd
06-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Jimmy
There should be a black plastic switch on the carb that is start switch. You put trans in park (if Dynaflow) turn key to "on" and push gas pedal to the floor.

kaot'c
06-15-2004, 09:10 PM
I've recently been scratching my head over this topic. My '60 le Sabre has a pushbutton added under the dash near the ignition switch. The wires went to a junction near the carb. I later found a piece of a switch stuck in the intake and once my engine was hangigng found another piece under the intake, in the valley. Looking now, I found a place where it looks like they came from, but I can't quite figure it. It looks like there is a vacuum operated plunger that gets in there somehow also. Is there somewhere I can find a diagram of the whole thing? Are parts available? The piece that screws to the carb extension on mine is broken. Thanks, Dan.