PDA

View Full Version : Looking to install sm block chevy 350

XDIME03
01-30-2007, 11:30 AM
I have a 1954 special with a 3sp auto. Originally came with nailhead engine. Owner would not sell with vehicle. I have a 350 block from a chevrolet I am looking to install. Do anyone know if there is a bellhousing to convert from chevy 350 to original 3sp automatic trans?

brandotheamazing
01-30-2007, 11:32 AM
find a nailhead :(

55buick
01-30-2007, 12:23 PM
I hate to have to say this but, FIND A NAILHEAD. I only say this because I have a 55 with a sbc, and all I do is make excuses why its there, I have a 425 nailhead to put in her:thumbsup: , and now I can hold my head high.
a small block chevy is like havin a belly button,every ones got one, also a 425 nailhead has all kinds of power, and will increase the value of yer car by lots, jist my opinion of course:laugh_4:

bob k. mando
01-30-2007, 02:51 PM
aside from all the crap Buick guys will give you ...

[elbows XDIME in the ribs]

putting a Nailhead back in will be a lot simpler. i think the 401/425 have a slightly taller deck so that might mess with your exhaust pipe fitment a little but i think everything else should bolt up.

Do anyone know if there is a bellhousing to convert from chevy 350 to original 3sp automatic trans?

i'm sure(?) there is but you'll probably have to get ahold of a trans specialty shop. most of the time we're trying to go the other direction ... put a Chevy pattern trans on a BOPC block.

i suppose this is a torque tube set up so swapping in a Chev pattern TH-350 really isn't an option?

Tom Gallagher
01-30-2007, 05:15 PM
A Nailhead will give you the best result and the least amount of installation problems, nevermind the other assorted complications.

Regards,

Tom Gallagher