Who's going to the 2007 Buick Nationals?

How are you going to the Buick nationals?

• Driving My Buick

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Driving something else

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Flying in

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am driving to the meet in my 69 Sport Wagon, but I hit the wrong circle in the poll. I just installed a 200-4R and a cruise control, so it should be a relatively easy run. i am going through the upper pennisula of Michigan and across 2 until I pick up 94 .

Buick Nationals

I am driving my 62 Buick Invicta convertible to the nationals. It is a car of interest in the northwest because it was originally purchased by Dixie Lee Ray, the former governor of Washington. She bought it new when she was Atomic Energy Commisioner and then used it as her parade car during her stint as governor. I have used it as my daily driver for 19 years and have well over 300,000 miles on it. I hope to see a huge crowd there. Maybe we can have the Nationals here again soon.

who's going to the nationals

Getting there in style in my very rare and almost perfect 58k all original 62 Skylark with the aluminum heart!:1st:

Heading down in the '67 Electra Convertible from Vancouver, BC. Will be leaving Vancouver on Friday around noon... entering in the "Driven" class. Anybody wanting to leave from the Vancouver area around that time want to caravan?

Last edited:
see ya there!

doubt if the 65 will be ready by then:( so ill be driving my 69 electra:thumbsup: drivin class also.dont forget the puyallup all buick show on june 9th:hurray: see you all at both!!!

I am driving my 62 Buick Invicta convertible to the nationals. It is a car of interest in the northwest because it was originally purchased by Dixie Lee Ray, the former governor of Washington. She bought it new when she was Atomic Energy Commisioner and then used it as her parade car during her stint as governor. I have used it as my daily driver for 19 years and have well over 300,000 miles on it. I hope to see a huge crowd there. Maybe we can have the Nationals here again soon.
when Dixie was governer she came to my high school(Interlake in Bellevue) for a speech of some sort.in the middle of it someone streaked(remember that fad?)and shouted out "DIXIE LAY ME!" she was speachless for a couple minuites as everyone was cracking up:app:

there will be a swap meet with some vendors, so I'm sure there will be lots of parts available for various years.

It's been raining up here for a couple of days, but it looks like the weather improves just in time for the show :bana:

Really looking forward to it.

Ted, OK, I quit. Why 6 - '65 Wildcats. 2 of each style (coupe, 4 door and convert)?

My father was a Buick salesman. '65 was the first year I could drive. Mostly, I remember our '65 Yellow Le Sabre convertible. If I waxed it on Sunday, I could drive it for 45 minutes. Such a liberal father! There were a bunch of Wildcats along the way, but I only remember the '63's.

Gary

Hi Gary, the collection is 3 coupes and 3 convertibles. 1 of each is an extra, the remaining ones are all about the drivetrain-

basically combinations of 4-speeds and automatics, coupes and convertibles, dual quads and single 4bbls.

1 coupe 425 Super Wildcat 4-speed with a/c (to be restored)
1 coupe 401 Wildcat automatic +a/c (extra) (driver and may be sold)
1 Deluxe convertible Wildcat 445 4-speed non a/c (BCA Gold Senior)
1 Custom convertible Super Wildcat auto (BCA Silver)
1 deluxe convertible 401/auto (for sale)
1 coupe 425 Super WIldcat modified- Buick x-code dual quad manifold, some engine mods, 5-speed tremec trannie, black with red bucket interior.

DSC00540.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00475.jpg

Ted:

I love the lines of the coupes. Of course, love the convertibles too. I shouldn't ask this but have you posted anything on the ones for sale? Do you have any details on the modified one? Would love to know what you did to get the Tremec connected.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back