Water Pump

:waving: Hey Guys,

I am replacing the waterpump along with belts,hoses and coolant on my winter ride, A 1992 Buick Regal Gran Sport, with a 3800 V-6 with 150,000 miles on the odometer. This car runs fantastic.

I was just wondering what kind of torque I should put on the Bolts. :confused:

The short ones are 10 mm and the Long ones are 1/2 inch.

When I removed the (3) Long 1/2" bolts fluid came out.

Should I use any type of sealant on them? :confused:

Should I use silicone on the gasket? :confused:

Any/All HELP! will be greatly appreciated!:app:

Thanking You in advance for your usual fine value cooperation in advance :thumbsup:

Regards,

Tom Gallagher :shield:

Tom,

A little sticky gasket cement (not to thick just enough to hold gasket in place) for the water pump gasket

A little bit of thread sealer on the bolts that had water come out when you removed them (again not to much just enough to lightly cover the threads)

Torque wise I would just tighten them tight enough but not to tight. I believe these bolts go into aluminum so you do not want them to tight

:thumbsup:

Bob
:rod:

Thanks's Bob

:waving: Hey Bob.

Long time!

I missed Your correspondence and knowledge!

The replacement of my Water pump is complete.

I cleaned up the bolt threads (which were ALL Gunked-Up!) I am famous for snapping off bolts :angry: so I wanted to eliminate ALL resistance and used a light coating of gasket sealer (spread out evenly with rubber gloves and even finger pressure all the way around, front and back)

I used a 1/4 inch ratchet and apparently that was the right choice. No leaks, no runs, no drips.

A time consuming job, but it was done Right!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the HELP!:app:

Highest Regards,

Tom Gallagher :shield:

Back