technical specifications Electra 1969, maximum weights on fron and rear axle

Vladimir

Dear Buick Fans,
could you please someone of you help me where to find technical details about the Electra 1969. I need to know something about maximum loading weight on front and rear axle etc. I was trying to find with help of google but i wasn´t able.
thank you in advance for your kind help.
also size of the rims I was asked for - I know R15 but wide ? 7,5
Have a nice day
Vladimir

This should have been the first thing you bought after the car,

The 15" wheels fitted to big cars are 6" wide and have the bigger 5 X 5 bolt circle.

This should have been the first thing you bought after the car,

The 15" wheels fitted to big cars are 6" wide and have the bigger 5 X 5 bolt circle.

Dear Larry, thanks a lot I need to solve it in quite short term.. as commisioner for testing of cars was already here and asked just this additional information. That manual is sure great and I will think about. As here in Czech Republic is not easy to get some relevant informations... Buicks are not sold here and people even have no idea something like Electra exist :)
Have a nice day Vladimir

Maybe this will help,

The car is about 4500 lbs.

Thanks a lot Larry, I hope they will accept maybe even without that information and will get special vintage plates soon.
It is nice I can find here support from another Buick´s owners.

Vladimir,
Here's some more support documentation which may help with your registration. Attached are the weight ratings of each model of Electra 225 for 1969 from the Buick Master Parts Book.

Attachments

• 1940-1972_Buick_Parts_Cover.pdf
    124.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 69 wts.pdf
    255.3 KB · Views: 5
Here are some pages from the Buick Chassis Service Manual showing maximum load of 1100 lb. That consists of 6 passengers @ 150 lb each and 200 lb of luggage.

IMG_1454.JPGIMG_1455.JPGIMG_1456.JPG

Last edited:
Here is a road test of a very similar 1964 Electra 225 from Car Life magazine. It notes the weight distribution when lightly loaded is 52.5/47.5 per cent front/rear. The distribution probably goes to about 45/55 when fully loaded.

Now that the maximum payload is known, the Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) can be determined by experimentation. Fill the tank with gas, add the rated passengers/luggage, and take it to a truck weigh station that can weigh each axle separately. 😃

Attachments

• 1964-02_CL_1964__Buick_Electra_225_Hardtop_Coupe_Test_1-5.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back