Spin-on oil filter

Hey, i've seen those modern oil filter converters to replace the old cartridge sort and was wondering if anyone knew of a source?

The straight eight has a filtering system that only filters the oil going to the overhead. that means that only a small portion of the oil is actually filtered. The theory was that eventually the dirt would be carried to the filter and it is better than nothing, but just barely. The shop manual tells you that you do not need to change the filter very often as it does not get dirty very fast. I change the oil in my 40 every 2,000 miles or when I put it away for the winter, and change the filter every 3-4 years. The engine now has 100,000 miles on it and the only problem is a slight rear main bearing leak, which is not serious enough to worry about yet. The filters are still available, so why go to all the trouble and install something that does not look right??

Another very discreet modification you can make to help with any metal particals in the bottom end is to install a magnetic drain plug. I know it doesn't really sound like that big of a deal, but all of my cars have one installed and you would be amazed what all it actually catches. They don't look any different from a stock plug, so it doesn't detract from the appearance of the car.

Back