Removing door panel trim(s)

65GS4SPD

I cannot remember, do interior door panel trim pieces attach to the vinyl only, or do the tabs go through the vinyl and the cardboard? These are 65 Wildcat door panels with the big sexy

Typically, you would remove the two window cranks, the armrest, the door opening handle, and the plastic door lock knob. Then undo the screws, usually four at the bottom, then work your way up both sides carefully prying out the snaps between the panel and the door. Then lift the panel out of the window groove. The trim I didn't mention would be attached to the door panel itself.

Thank you for the very detailed procedure of removing the door panel. I wanted to remove the trim from the door panel to perform a color change on the vinyl.

Update on the car: yet another claim of no rust and no never been in a major collision. Car was filler from doors to tail lights both sides and looked like a home done job with a DA, no blocking. Another 5hr trip only to be disappointed. Rust was pushing filler off in chunks along the sills. The motor was also very warm. Anyone that is honest allows the buyer to cold start the car. Had to vent, thanks.

Back