Nice 1953 Buick & Train Picture

Jim Carmichael

Experienced Member
I thought this picture was so nice I used it for the background on my computer and my wife liked it so much she had me print it out on 8 X 10 photo paper then framed it.

This was taken when the Buick was a new car and steam trains were a common sight.

Notice the red rims as this seems to be something I see on a lot of the old Buicks.

4430152840_fc916bf9d3_o.jpg

53 buick and locomotive

Very nice picture.Buick vs a Steamlocomotive"

Stubbe in Sweden.:shifter::waving:

Nice picture and from this you can see where hot rodders and customizers started using the Red-Rim Wide-White combo. What a great look !:shifter:

Check out the photography of O. Winston Link. Back in the late 1950s, Link realized that steam trains were being phased out, so he captured a lot of train pictures in Southwest Virginia on the Norfolk & Western line.

Link's '52 Buick convertible is seen in many of his pictures. There is an O. Winston Link museum in Roanoke, Virginia.

53 Buick/Locomotive

Excuse me, but I'd like to know where to view this photo of the 53 BUICK, and a LOCOMOTIVE. Both these pieces of yesteryear interest me very much.

Thanks in advance

Awesome catching pics.It has create thunder in my mind.I liked it.Its different and great.I don't believe is it really pics,if so then mind blowing pics.

53 Buick/Locomotive

Beautiful picture that captures the magic of a bygone era...
isn't that really how we feel when we drive these classic Buicks.... like we are
recapturing a part of the essence of that particular time and era...

Thanks for posting this beautiful inspiring picture Jim

Info on Buick & Train Photo

I thought this picture was so nice I used it for the background on my computer and my wife liked it so much she had me print it out on 8 X 10 photo paper then framed it.

This was taken when the Buick was a new car and steam trains were a common sight.

Notice the red rims as this seems to be something I see on a lot of the old Buicks.

4430152840_fc916bf9d3_o.jpg[
This photo was taken by Michael Allen from Flint Michigan, taken near Heber City, Utah and features Union Pacific 2-8-0 #618, and a 53 Buick Super./QUOTE]

Back