New from South Africa

Tony69

Hi there :wavey:... New to the forum. I've got a 1970 Buick Skylark undergoing full restoration. Doing most if not all the work myself, needless to say I'm gonna need lots of help from you guys.

Cheers
Tony

Bought it several months ago for around $2000... was missing just the radiator & front markers... oh yeah, and the engine. Since then I've stripped her down to the shell, getting her ready for bead blasting. Found a reasonable amount of body rot so far, oh and the chassis is completely messed up, by that I mean dented, bent, torn & rusted out in some places. Seems the car was a victim of dirt racing at some point.:confused:

I'm gonna need a new grille ( Id like a GS grille) & tail light lenses, front side-markers & maybe even a GS style trunk spoiler. I'm not gonna clone the GS, I just like the look of the grille & spoiler. I will still retain the 'Skylark custom' emblems.

Also, any advise on where to get weatherstrip, body bushing & suspension kits would be great. Since I am so far, it'll make good sense to get stuff from one or maybe two places.

The windscreen is cracked but I'm hoping to get one locally, along with a radiator.

Back