Need pictures of engine compartment Skylark 63, V8 3,5L 215

Skycut63

I am looking for pictures of the engine compartment with the correct connection of the radiator of the cabin, the starter system on the carburettor and finally the windscreen washer.

> Starter system is deconnected,
> The radiator seems shunted, maybe is HS...
> The windscreen washer was deleted on my car.

I've just bought this car.
I have bought the manual services from Los Angeles but with the Codiv I don't know when I will receive it in France.

Many thanks!

Here are some pages regarding the heater from the chassis service manual and the master parts book.

Typically when a new owner finds the cabin radiator (heater core) disconnected from the engine, it means the heater core developed a leak inside the cabin.

Attachments

It is not clear what views you need of the carburetor. Some earlier Buicks had electrical wiring from the starter motor circuit attached to the carburetor. The wiring was used to start the car by depressing the accelerator pedal. This feature and the wiring were discontinued after 1960.

I have included some views of the carburetor and the linkages attached to the carburetor. I looked at your engine photo from the May 14 post and did not see anything disconnected at the carburetor.

One small piece is missing from the top of the carburetor. It is the cap of the bowl vent. It can be seen in the photo (Figure 3-23) from the shop manual.

1963 Skylarks built for use in the US were equipped with a 4-barrel Rochester carburetor. That engine had a compression ratio of 11:1. Your car has the 2-barrel Rochester carb. It may be equipped with the low-compression export-only engine which used the 2-barrel.

Attachments

Skycut63

OK this evening I removed my mechanical fuel pump because I have an electric pump.
I repaired my starter with your plan: I changed a vacuum pipe that was dead, then I cleaned and adjusted my dashpot.
It works well.
Tomorrow I'm going to take apart my heating system.

🇺🇸(y)🇲🇫

Skycut63

On my heating system, the valve for temperature control is not an original part. It's very hard to move.
Is it possible to find one somewhere?

On my heating system, the valve for temperature control is not an original part. It's very hard to move.
Is it possible to find one somewhere?
Yes, here is one item offered for sale:

The GM part number is 3151404. Aftermarket valve suppliers use the number H1242. This part was used on the following cars:

1961-63 Buick Special and Skylark with V8
1961-63 Oldsmobile F-85 and Cutlass

Skycut63

Thanks Todd, I haven't found a new heating radiator somewere with the reference 3148545, I found an old one but not a new one.
I need to change mine.
Can I use another radiator with similar dimensions? Can you give me some advice?

I'm curious. What kind of car do you have?