Need help locating a trans. mt for 67 Les. 340 w/ st400

:clonk:Going bonkers trying to find the right transmission mount for my 1967 Buick Le Sabre 400. Every place I have looked for one shows the newer style mount (1 - 1/2' center to center holes on cross member, and 4" center to center holes for trans.) It appears that these dimensions are correct, or at least close but the height of the mount (1-7/8") looks to be about twice as thick as the one on the car. I am not sure if using this mount would change the angle of the propeller shaft to the point that it would stress the u-joints or center support bearing all of which were replaced last week. Any input or advice would be helpful and appreciated!

Thanks- bigdoug

RE: Ben's reply about trans. mount.

bigdoug, the one on your car is probably compressed from age. Much like my back.

Ben

I'm not sure if there is even a real mount there, it appears that the previous owner (who obviously had some McGyver type engineering training) used about 2 or 3 tubes of butyl rubber sealant and filled in the entire area around it. A giant gooey black mess.

RE Trans Mt.

Thanks for the tip, I think there is the one I need at TAPerformance, but it's good to know there are other options.

Doug

Back