Motor replacement

Saginaw2

Hi,
I would liketo replace my blown 350 with a 455. Does anyone know where I can get the right motor mounts. The motor is going into a 69 LeSabre convertible.
Thanks,
Greg

Greg,

I can help you some, but I am a less knowledgeable about the big cars. The 67 and 68 Chassis Service Manuals show that the dimensions of the Electra and Wildcat frame are the same as the Le Sabre in the engine cradle area. The Le Sabre frame was shorter relative to the Wildcat and Eelectra frame after the engine cradle. The frames did not change from 67 to 68 in the big cars. I think the same big car frames were used until 1970, but I am not 100% sure. If the same frames were used until 1970, you would need the frame pads and motor mounts from a 67-69 Wildcat or Electra to fit a 400, 430 or 455 into the Le Sabre. The Le Sabre could have a 300 or 400 transmission, and I would swap in the 400 if you did not already have one. Maybe someone else could tell us for sure if the frames were the same in the big cars through 1970.

Steve

In 1969 the Wildcat was changed from the Electra frame to the Lesabre, however the the the motor mounts for all the fullsize buicks with the 455 are the same. I would also recomend a transmission swap to the th400. Again, any fullsize buick th400 tranny mount and crossmember will work except for the Riviera's.

Back