Looking for Original tires for 1967 Buick Electra 225

Hi Im just trying to find out what tire brand name came on the 1967 Buick Electras was it Good Year? also the exact tire size like 15in x?? Also is it 1 or 2inch White walls?? I know they came with Polyglass not radial tires. Im simply looking to replace the black wall tires that are on the car now with the correct or close to correct size and specs to original. Thank you

Tire Sizes

Hi Im just trying to find out what tire brand name came on the 1967 Buick Electras was it Good Year? also the exact tire size like 15in x?? Also is it 1 or 2inch White walls?? I know they came with Polyglass not radial tires. Im simply looking to replace the black wall tires that are on the car now with the correct or close to correct size and specs to original. Thank you

There are no reproduction 8.85 tires. I have studied and purchased tires for my 65 Wildcats that require 8.85. 28.3 ( I think- this is a difficult # to research) tall
These are close @ 8.70 and 28.7 tall.

https://www.cokertire.com/j78-15-bf-goodrich-7-8-whitewall-tire.html

the only tire with 8.85 width is a L-78 15 and they are too tall by about an inch.

If you go radial, 225-75-15 is the closest to the 8.85.

Ted :finish:

I put 235-75-15 radials on my 67 Electra convertible. If you plan on driving the car at all I would advise against bias ply tires. They just dont compare to radials for traction handling and quiet on turns. The 235s are nearly an inch smaller in overall height (.8") and throw the Speedo off by around 5mph. The Cooper Trendsetter SE comes in an original size 1" whitewall in that 235 size and look great on the car. If your dead set on bias ply tires check with Coker tire as previously suggested in the size given above, they are your only choice. Most of their tires are 2" and 3" whitewalls so be sure of what you order. - Bill

Attachments

• 20180620_153935.jpg
    20180620_153935.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 5
Back