Lesabre vs Invicta vs Electra - 1961 - What is the difference between the 3?

Hello all! I am new member to this.

What is the difference between these 3 models? 1961 only.

Lesabre vs Invicta vs Electra. I am interested to know more about 1961 models only. 2 door bubble tops only.

Do all 3 have the same body style? Do all 3 have the same engine?

-Ty

Electra has the most luxurious trim, followed by Invicta, with Lesabre at the bottom.

Lesabre and Invicta 2 door hardtop bodies are similar, except for trim. Electra is longer and has a more "squared off" roofline.

Lesabre and Invicta have a 123 inch wheelbase. Electra is 126 inches.

Lesabre has a 364 engine, 2 barrel standard, 4 barrel optional. Invicta and Electra have a 401 4 barrel.

If you need more info, feel free to ask.

Ray

Last edited:
Thank you Ray! That was very informative.

1) Does the 1961 Lesabre and Invicta come with power windows? Or only in the Electra?
2) In the Electra with the square roofline, does this mean it is not a true bubble top?
3) Is the Electra more rare than the other 2?
4) Do all 3 models have bench front seats?

Ty

1. "Come with?" If you mean standard equipment, no, but they were optional, so you might possibly find a Lesabre with power windows.

2. Probably not what you are thinking of when you say bubble top. The roof on Lesabre and Invicta looks like the roof on a Chevy. The Electra roof looks like the one on a Cadillac.

3. If you mean when new, yes. Fewer people bought them because they were more expensive. As for relative survival rate, I have no clue.

4. All 3 came standard with bench seats. On Invicta only, an optional interior with buckets was offered.

Ray

Thank you Ray! That was very informative.

1) Does the 1961 Lesabre and Invicta come with power windows? Or only in the Electra?
2) In the Electra with the square roofline, does this mean it is not a true bubble top?
3) Is the Electra more rare than the other 2?
4) Do all 3 models have bench front seats?

Ty

Attached are pictures of my LeSabre (silver) and Electra (white) so you can see the differences in the roofline at the top of the rear quarter window. the Invicta and LeSabre look the same.

Production numbers (61 coupes):

LeSabbre - 14,474
Invicta - 6,382
Electra - 4,250

Attachments

• 61 Buick Electra1a.jpg
    61 Buick Electra1a.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 61buickbubbletopsilver 015.jpg
    61buickbubbletopsilver 015.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 61 electra pass side.jpg
    61 electra pass side.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 61 electra side.jpg
    61 electra side.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 61buickatthecrib044.jpg
    61buickatthecrib044.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 14
cjp69, those are good looking cars you have there. The pictures clearly show the difference in rooflines, which I was doing a poor job of trying to describe. Thank you for posting them.

Ray

cjp69, those are good looking cars you have there. The pictures clearly show the difference in rooflines, which I was doing a poor job of trying to describe. Thank you for posting them.Ray

Thanks Ray! And you are welcome. Before I bought my Electra, someone tried to explain it to me, and it didn't make sense until I saw pictures.

Back