Lakewood Traction Bars 1964-77 GM A-Body for coil-sprung rear end

jthomas

Hi, I just bought these from Jegs for my 70 Skylark 430 motor. I am having a difficult time adjusting. I set the snubber gap as per instructions. Went I went to put the car in reverse the bars came down a couple of inches. Now I'm out of room on the rods/spherical ends trying to tighten back up.
I had lift bars on previously. Do these new bars take the place of the lower control arms? I'm stumped. Thanks

I'm not familiar with those. They mention checking pinion angle in the instructions, but the way they explain it makes no sense to me at all. I like the No Hop bars much better. I have the TA Performance No Hops, the HR Parts n Stuff rear sway bar, and billet Metco upper and lower rear control arms. I can hook at the track with Drag Radials every time with that set up, 1.60's 60' times.

Last edited:
Thanks, Larry. The instructions were confusing. I'm sending them back to Jegs. I've heard about the TA no hop bars. I'm going that route.

Thanks, Larry. The instructions were confusing. I'm sending them back to Jegs. I've heard about the TA no hop bars. I'm going that route.
Yeah, the TA bars are very high quality pieces. I went them after trying the Edelbrock No Hops. I couldn't get them to fit even after grinding on them, Sumitt took them back, LOL.

TANoHopBars.JPG

Metco stuff,

Not sure about HR Parts n Stuff. They used to have a catalog online, but I can't find it. Just the Facebook page. looks like they are constructing a website,

Last edited:
Back