Hi! Model builder looking for research.

HughBond

I used to build a lot of model cars but life got in the way and now my eyes aren't what they used to be. I recently got some new glasses set up specifically to get back to model building and first on my list is a 1966 Wildcat with the 2x4 425. I take my model building seriously and approach my research as if I'm restoring a real car. Because there's a lot of conflicting info on the web I thought I'd join this forum to hopefully get some definitive answers.

#1 on my info quest is the correct engine color for this engine. I've seen red ones and greenish ones. Even this website says in one place that 1966 was the first year for red and in another place it says the first red year was 1967. I've attached a screenshot so you can see. I'm guessing the Wildcat 445 was green and the Wildcat 465 was red but I don't want to guess wrong.
image-78cd1a7a-a183-4f53-9b39-67e9f88940d8.jpg

I'll also be looking for detail pics of the engine compartment, interior and instrument panel. The chassis in the kit isn't very detailed so I'm not too worried about chassis reference. If people are interested in my project (it will be a relatively modest build for me as I de-rust my skills but I expect good results) I'll happily post pics of my progress.

Attachments

• image-78cd1a7a-a183-4f53-9b39-67e9f88940d8.jpg
    image-78cd1a7a-a183-4f53-9b39-67e9f88940d8.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 5
Your guess is correct, In '66 a 401 (445) would have been green, and a 425 (465) would have been red.
Look forward to seeing some pictures! (y)

Your guess is correct, In '66 a 401 (445) would have been green, and a 425 (465) would have been red.
Look forward to seeing some pictures! (y)
Great, thank you!

I think it'll be easier to find a good red so that's a plus, too. 😉👍

If there's a mod around, maybe someone can tell me if I'm welcome to open a garage for my project here, just as a place to post photos. Since it's only a model I don't want to derail from the purpose of the forum if that's an unwanted type of post. If there are any members here who want to do a model of their car and need tips or how-to advice on model building, they can see what I do step-by-step and I'll be happy to answer questions. It's really all I can contribute right now.

Yes, you may open a "Garage" for you models. If that does not totally satisfy your desires, we also have a "Projects" forum where you can show a project and regularly update it. There is a bit of an overlap, but some are more comfortable in one or the other.

Yes, you may open a "Garage" for you models. If that does not totally satisfy your desires, we also have a "Projects" forum where you can show a project and regularly update it. There is a bit of an overlap, but some are more comfortable in one or the other.
Great, thanks! I'll take a look at both and figure out what fits best.

Thanks for welcoming a different sort of project. ;)(y)

Back