Hey ya'll... my story...

Hey Buick fans! Hows things here in the Team Buick site? Anyone else in Washington state or North Idaho? Ok, enough small talk, heres the meat and potatoes...
I have always had a thing for Buicks since I was a kid. My grandfather had a 1952 Buick Super that I fell in love with the first time I saw it. It had all the shiny chrome, black top, and the deepest, thickest red I had ever seen. I even got my grandpa (who NEVER let anyone mess with it) to let me take it out of the shop and shine her up. I was the only one who ever got to work on it, and that was only a tune-up and about 2 feet of fuel line. Where is the old girl now? Its still in the same shop, just tied up in family bs right now...
Anyways, I have had many cars, but heres my Buick list.

-1978 Regal 3.8, crappy old car that I got from a farmer for free. The deal was if I got it off his property I could have it, title and all. Cleaned it up, got it running better, slapped about a gallon of bondo onto it (farmer had a tractor roll backwards down a hill and make a nice dent in the dr rear) then drove it for 4 months before selling it to my cousin. He demolished it :(
-1968 Special Deluxe with Buick 350... nothing fancy, just a powerful light car. didnt have a drivers license and walked to work at the time. I took a different route one day and saw the huge chrome rear bumper in someones back yard. I kept passing it for about 2 months then had saved some cash up to go talk to the owner, but when I got there it wasnt in its spot! So the next day I found it at a grocery store nearby with a For Sale sign. It was mine until I had to sell it to pay off tickets (not related to this car)
-1969 Riviera... holy crap this car was scary. 430 bored out to about a 442, dual Quadrapukes on an Offy high-rise manifold, Snider custom cam, 400 heads on it, full dual exhaust with dumps under each from fender and glasspacks, TH400 w/shift kit, posi rear, and electrical/rust problems from hell lol I was selling a 53 Plymouth and the kid didnt have enough cash, so he threw this in on the deal. It wasnt running, wouldnt crank, and hadnt been tabbed in 6 years. Got it running, tuned it, rebuilt both carbs (my first time ever) and even got ahold of the original owner for info on it. He was the one that had built the car, and even had time slips of it running low 12's/high 11's in the early 70's! Well, besides the drivetrain the car was shot, so I sold it... That was a sad day. I regret that lol
-1997 Riviera "The Rivi" Nicest car and newest car I have ever owned. Previous owner was my womans dad, and it is in pretty nice shape. heated leather seats, supercharged, a kinda green-blue color that changes in the sun, and a service record a mile long at a local dealership. Its nice, but damn I hate the traction control lol
-1951 Roadmaster Riviera "Bettie" This is my newest toy! My woman saw the ad on craigslist for it, no pic, and told me I need to go look at it (yeah, I got me a car chick, but thats a different story!) She went with me to look it over, and well, it was pretty much dead on to what I wanted. She put up the money for it and the next day I went out with a couple friends and a trailer and brought her home. Literally pulled her out of the ground where it had been sitting since '63. She needs front floorboards, engine rebuilt, grill/bumper straightened out, and interior, but all the chrome and stainless is there! I am under the gun to try and get it ready for Viva Las Vegas by April.
Alright, there ya have it, sorry it was so long, but ya'll had to get to know me somehow!

So you finally sold the 69 Riv:hurray:I saw it on CL for months.Would have liked the motor but as you said,the rest of the car was shot.Too bad :sad:
I'm North of you on Hwy 211 5 miles from USK,Davis lake area.:waving:
Welcome to the board!!! :thumbsup:

Back