Heater Motor

suntreemcanic

Experienced Member
My 52 Buick Super was converted to 12 volts years ago. I used a voltage reducer for the heater and defroster motors. This method worked good till today when my heater motor just locked up. Were 53 Roadmaster or Super heaters under the front seat like 52s. Does anyone know if they are interchangeable? (For the younger Buick forum readers 1952 Buick Roadmasters and Supers were 6 Volt and in 1953 all Roadmasters and Supers were 12 volt. The Specials remained 6 volts for one more year.)

Well thank you Tom, I have been sick so my wife will not let me out to the shop to look at any parts books.

Last edited:
Of course at this point it's more important to take care of your health than a car. Your wife is a smart lady don't let go of her.

Tom T.

I finally got around to working on my heater. I removed the heater motor and when I pulled it out a rock fell out. Hooked it up to electricity and it works perfectly again. I think the rock was wedged against the shaft and the fan. As dry as it has been and no snow I be able to drive all winter so I will need the heater.

Back