Electrical power steering?

stubbe

Anywone ho has made electrical steering in a Buick 1954?I dont find any donatorcar for my problem.Thinking to get in New powerteering fron a modern car.But i will still have the same steering wheel and shifter for Dynaflow in tube.Anywone get me a hint.Stubbe in Sweden.

Here is a link to a forum that is discussing electric powered power steering pumps. I don't know if that is what you're looking for or fully electrical rack and pinion systems. For what it's worth I don't believe that any fully electrical rack systems in existence today would be heavy duty enough for such a heavy car. In any event your looking at a huge engineering challenge if you're dead set on a fully electric conversion.

Some years back I remember reading an article in one of the automotive trade magazines. Motor Age comes to mind. In the article it was mentioned that someone made an electric P/S set-up for a 50's Buick. It was actually attached to the steering shaft in the column under the dash, almost at the firewall & some what to the right.
The installer was so surprised at how well it worked.
Sorry I can't be any more helpful.
Do a goggle search on electric P/S conversions you may find it.

Tom T.

Back