Does my 2001 Regal GS need new front wheel bearings?

billt4mn

The car has 112,000 miles on it. Firestone has told me for over a year that I need new front wheel bearings, but I never heard or felt anything so I didn't do it. Lately, I hear a very faint, repetative Luhl-Luhl-Luhl coming from the front right. Is that the sound of a wheel bearing going out?
Thanks for your time. - Bill

Does my 2001 Regal need new front wheel bearings

Find a quiet parking lot somewhere that is abandoned, drive straight ahead normally, listening for the noise, when you hear it, quickly and sharply make a sharp turn right or left. Did the noise go away? Now try it again turning the opposite way, did the noise go away? Try it again leaving your foot on the gas pedal. If you can make the noise go away, a wheel bearing going out is a strong possibility.

Find a quiet parking lot somewhere that is abandoned, drive straight ahead normally, listening for the noise, when you hear it, quickly and sharply make a sharp turn right or left. Did the noise go away? Now try it again turning the opposite way, did the noise go away? Try it again leaving your foot on the gas pedal. If you can make the noise go away, a wheel bearing going out is a strong possibility.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.

Back