Crankshaft Seals 1951-1953

outbdnut

I'm about to tear open a 1953 Straight 8 263 from a Special. I have a Felpro engine gasket kit ordered, but from the photo, I don't think it includes the rope seal for the rear of the crank, or the timing cover seal for the front of the crank. Rock Auto lists them as out of stock; and I haven't found any other places that sell them. I bought the engine used for my 1951 Special.

Are these in the Felpro #FS7546SH Engine Gasket set? If not, Where can I get them?

Thx,
Dave

It is hard to imagine that it would not include the main seals as it is a "full" set.
I found a couple of images of what is supposed to be in the set, and they both show the rope seal. Images can not always be trusted as sellers sometimes use "generic" or similar images.

If you do not feel confident, ask the seller to confirm the inclusion of the rope seals.

gaskets

I have never bought an overhaul set in which the seals were not included. Anything is possible, I suppose. Buy the set and see. If they are not there, THEN yell loudly

Ben

The Kits are comes complete ..(not like some modern Cars ,like a Hummer H2,there're no Headgaskets inside the Engine-Gasket-Kit ) .
I had ordered me extra a two Piece Rubber Gasket for the rear from Best Gasket...
It works perfect...

Back