code reader plug on 1989 rivi

al812

My check engine light came on,I have a touch screen that works but lights up when it wants to.What my problem is that the light came on and I did a diagnostic check when the screen lit up and it said an engine eletrical problem.What my problem now is this, where do I find the code reader plug for this thing?I can't seem to find it and I'm not totally stupid to where they usually are.Sometimes it'll stall bad for a few seconds maybe a minute.Then it snaps out of it and runs fine I'm hoping it just the 02 sensor but like I said I can't find the plug for it any help would be great.

Your plug should be near the drivers side kick panel , you may have to remove the hush panel to find it . It will have a cover installed in it that you have to remove to scan the sys. I think the power supply is bad in your CRT screen and you will have to replace the CRT screen . HTH :beers:

Thanks

Thank You very much now I can check it out,on the screen if you know where the buttons are it does work.It just does'nt stay lit up,it'll be black and then it lights up when ever it decides to but like I said it does work well

i might have a touch screen out of an 88 riv for sale if you interested...and other parts from the 88 lemme know~

Back