C10 trailing arms

JimmiV

Members, anyone put 61-72 C10 trailing arms on the Buick as a poor mans 4 link? Heard it works fine when used with the stock Panhard bar. Pics would be great, and source for mounting kit. Thanks

I have a 52 Buick Super. I have a 72 C10 diff. fitted under the car with the original Panhard bar. I used the C10 trailing arms. I had to relocate them about 3/4 inch towards the center. I fabricated all the brackets for shock mounts and for the front mounts for the trailing arms to the X member. If you love to weld and fabricate this is a good project but would be very expensive if you were to hire it done.

The one I saw probably was not the best executed example since it was lowered too. It rode like a truck. I thought the owner was always grinning while driving, but it was actually a grimace.

I did this on my car, here are some pictures and info in the first page of this thread:

https://www.teambuick.com/forums/showthread.php?25819-1956-Buick-Century-Project

I wasn't very thrilled with it. it cost close to $1,000 doing it myself and it had ok ride quality. I switched to Jaguar suspension which was a fairly easy swap and it rides like a dream.

You don't really need an install kit and besides that no one makes one. you need custom U bolts, and a fabricated bracket to hold the front of the trailing arms at the "X" part of the frame, shock mounts and of course a driveline. I reused my 1956 axle housing with an open drive third member but to get the pinion angle correct, I had to cut and re-weld the spring perches.

Back