Been there before.

I have been to many car sites and never gotten an answer. Lets see what happens here!I have a 1979 Buick Regal with a 231 ci v6 with a turbo. I believe the turbo controller (the black box on the radiator shroud) is out. Where can I get one?

that's still an old unit with an unknown service life. EVEN IF it's good when you receive it, you can't really expect it to last that long.

i'd spring for the Riv club membership and keep contacts in there. they should either be sourcing new parts for their cars or figuring out how to refurbish the units.

Been there before

ain't you a ray of sun shine! I just want to be able to drive it around while i get the chassis in good repair. it was running fine when i parked it in 1998. the texas sun melted all the goop out of the turbo controller so i got this one. once the chassis is finished (no paint, it's going to stay real nasty) i'll put a new driveline in it. it won't be pretty and shiny but it will run like a scalded cat! the driveline won't be for a couple of years yet. i'm not rich so i have to save those penny's for it.

Back