67 GS new bucket seat covers and trim paint question

Shakadula51

Hi all, I am finally getting around to replacing my black seat covers with new black covers and foam from year one. This is a bigger job than I thought. It ain’t hard but taking out those hog rings is tedious to say the least. 6 hours in and I am still on the first seat. This includes taking pictures and checking out youtube videos cause I can’t remember things from one minute to the next. Anyway my question:

I need to paint the seat backs and bottom trim. Can someone tell me the right paint to use? Matte black or semi gloss black. I found a site years ago with all of that info on chasis paint, engine brackets, all kinds of parts but now I can’t find it. I searched teambuick and went through 23 pages on the interior forum but no luck.

I think I prefer the matte black but would like to stay original since the rest of the car is mostly original.

Thanks.

I would use the one you prefer. I use a satin black in a can, or have the mixer put a little flattener in a single stage.

Thanks

Thanks Bob, I checked my test panels this morning and prefer the matte black. Semi gloss was way to shiny and I think the matte black will just look better.

Thanks.

Changed my mind

I bought the satin black and ran a test. I like the satin black better than the matte or semi gloss. I thought the semi gloss and satin were going to have the same look but I was wrong.

Pic of the satin black paint on my headrest.

Satin black was the right choice.

Attachments

• 9F381446-37BE-46F5-969E-ECD8634531A0.jpg
    9F381446-37BE-46F5-969E-ECD8634531A0.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 7
Back