66 lark GS (first run of the yr)

66 buick guy

Hey guys, I just wanted to update you all on how much better the nail runs after putting the headers and Tom's mini starter on it..........I dont know if it's because I lost 40lbs over the winter or what.... plus Tom's mini dropped an extra 20lbs or so on the car..........but I'm running about 3/4 of a second faster than I did last yr.......WOW!!!!!! Im shocked with the performance difference........I guess the headers are a bit lighter than the stock manifolds too.............I am more than happy....:)........I used the 3"-2 1/2" collector reducers like Dr. suggested.......2 1/2" straight pipes.........I just cant get over how good a nail sounds with straight pipes.......Nice cackle when i let up on the gas pedal at 6 grand......

66 buick guy
Mike

Oh yeah, Tom, cranks her over better than the factory one did at all times; nice and quiet too.........AWESOME creation Tom........Your next upgrade could be some aluminum larger valve heads:bgrin:...........And Dr. I dont know if she will ever have enough ponies to satisfy me.......Seems like it's and endless battle, but I'm up for the challenge.........I've almost saved up enough for Tom's roller rockers too.......I'm guessing those will make a pretty significant difference as well.....

66 buick guy
Mike

Back