63 buick skylark coupe

Hi guys. im busy restoring this buick and wana place a set of decent wheels on it. Can anyone help me with what is the widest rear tire size I can use that will clear the body, and should I change to a 5 stud wheel and maybe 14 or 15 inch . I do wana replace front drum to discs so that needs to be noted. :bana:plse any help would be greatly received

Hello mate,

I'm running American racing 14*7 with 225 width tires all around . Unfortunate rear tries touch the body with heavy weights ppl in the car 😅.

A wider/bigger wheels requires diff modifications!.

Check this guy ING simon_883110 he has same as ours and running 17*8 wheels with slightly modified foxbody 8.8 diff and mustang ll front end

FYI, the width of diffs:

8.8 OEM : 153cm

63' skylark : 147cm

His custom : 143cm

I would suggest first you determine which direction you want to go with your car as no plug and play kits nor spare parts are available for 61-63 skylark/olds F85 available in the market. All requires fabrication and a heavy budget to make it work!.

Hello mate,

I'm running American racing 14*7 with 225 width tires all around . Unfortunate rear tries touch the body with heavy weights ppl in the car 😅.

A wider/bigger wheels requires diff modifications!.

Check this guy ING simon_883110 he has same as ours and running 17*8 wheels with slightly modified foxbody 8.8 diff and mustang ll front end

FYI, the width of diffs:

8.8 OEM : 153cm

63' skylark : 147cm

His custom : 143cm

I would suggest first you determine which direction you want to go with your car as no plug and play kits nor spare parts are available for 61-63 skylark/olds F85 available in the market. All requires fabrication and a heavy budget to make it work!.

many thxxs, we got it sorted...used a 8.8 rear with 17x7.5 inch wheels with a 42mm positive offset so the 245 rears clear. On the front we run 225 and 17 x8 with a 35mm offset.. works great. We used same front setup but turned spacers to correct the same wheel track and bolt pattern as the rear..what engine and transmission are u running?

Find the "Reply to Thread" and click on it.
It will load the reply box.
The red arrow in the attached image is pointing to the insert image icon.
image-upload.png

Back