62 buick special. Brakes locked

Good day mates, I recently aquired a 62 buick special. As i was driving home the front driver side brake locked up. It slowly locked decreasing speed. Left the car to see if it would bleed down. Sure enough it did. I am currently over seas and not with the car but would like to order parts to repair for when i arrive home. Could anyone provide some ideas on the problem? Perhaps the master cylinder? Thanks a bunch.

Replace all flexible brake hoses first. Old ones can break down internally and form a sort of check valve that allows pressure to a wheel cylinder, but resists relieving the pressure. Also be sure there are no hot exhaust components close to a brake line.

I have absolutely everything for this car......
++ N.O.S. ++ Asbestos ++ Brake Shoes for Fronts & Rears, Wheel Cylinders, Brake Hoses, & Brake Drums....
When you are back in the U.S., always best to simply call me -- Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935.... New York....

If water/moisture creeps into the master cylinder, it will work its way down to that wheel cylinder closest to it. Probably the driver's side. The wheel cylinder will accumulate rust and likely freeze up. It may not show a symptom right away. If your car has sat for a while do a fluid change and inspect wheel cylinders before driving.

Back