55 roadmaster 322 with 2 speed dynaflow wont shift on its own ? HELP

thegnu

Hello , I have searched the forum trying to learn about this transmission I have in my roadmaster its a cast iron 2 speed dynaflow an something feels off about it to me an its driving me nuts . I drove the car about 20 or so miles before I began my work on it an it dosent seem to me that this transmission shifts at all , I put it in drive an it wont shift . but if I put it in low an pull out from a red light then manually shift it I feel a slight difference as it goes into drive . am I loosing my mind here ? will this trans shift on its own like a newer powerglide or will I be shifting it from low to drive normally ? I only found 1 article here that hints at it needing to be shifted manually , I don't want to damage it by doing this or if its needing rebuilt I want to take care of that . it dosent seem to be slipping but over all it feels a lil sloppy when accelerating only .

Dynaflow

The Dynaflow does not shift. No need for Low unless fast acceleration from a stop is WANTED. Just put it in drive and go. It is moving out quicker than you think, if it is in good shape. Takes a little getting used to.

Ben

The Dynaflow does not shift. No need for Low unless fast acceleration from a stop is WANTED. Just put it in drive and go. It is moving out quicker than you think, if it is in good shape. Takes a little getting used to.

Ben
Thank you so much sir ! that takes a genuine concern out of my mind !

Back