340 intake manifold

1966BuickLeSabre

Anyone know if someone makes a intake manifold for a 340 for a 4 barrel. I wanted to switch from 2 barrel to 4 barrel but cannot find the intake for it. Im having trouble finding alot for it and am now more then ever considering swapping the 340 for a 455. Thanks for any help.
Joe

The 340 had a stock 4 bbl manifols as well as the 2bbl. I dont think there is any aftermarket 4bbl for the 340. Try advertising for a stock 4bbl in the parts wanted section of the classifieds on this site or other Buick websites.

Thank you for the information, it was very helpful.
Joe

1966 340 intake manifold

Anyone know if someone makes a intake manifold for a 340 for a 4 barrel. I wanted to switch from 2 barrel to 4 barrel but cannot find the intake for it. Im having trouble finding alot for it and am now more then ever considering swapping the 340 for a 455. Thanks for any help.
Joe
:hurray: I happen to have a 1966 340 4bbl.intake i purchased off of ebay. It was sent to me bare casting. Owner said it was checked . No cracks. It is too wide to fit my 300 block. It measures 11 3/4 inches wide.I need 10 3/4 inches to fit 300 . So i cleaned it up and acid etched primered. Then painted it buick green. This way it is protected from rust. I would be willing to trade for 1965 cast iron 4bbl. manifold to fit my 300. Please let me know if your interested. Looks like casting # B1374559F. I have pictures of bare intake and primed and painted. I paid 400.00 plus shipping. Will sell for same. Or trade for other manifoldlisted above.

good luck, Topless.

this is a fourteen year old question from a defunct account.

have you put the intake in the Classifieds?

Back