322 Oil Pump Screen

:waving: Hey Guys,

Just by Chance Does Any Fellow Member know where I can get a Replacement Screen for a '56 322 Oil Pump Housing? :confused:

Any and All Follow-Up Posts and Valued Information regarding the Subject Matter will be Greatly Appreciated! :thumbsup:

Regards, :beers:

Tom Gallagher :shield:

I did some digging and found nothing. Are you sure there's a filter in '56?? :clonk: (sorry couldn't resist) What's wrong with yours? I thought it cleaned up OK? Does it have a part# on it? That might help.

Screen

:waving: Hey Mark,

Thanks for the timely response. :thumbsup:

The metal screen and housing is listed as all one part # 1167338.

It cleaned up pretty good except the are a couple of holes in the screen.

It looks like the screen will pop out. That's why I was looking for a replacement :confused:

I suppose I could make some slight repairs with some epoxy if need be.
Just to mend some small holes in the metal screen.:sad:

It is still rigid and functional not deteriorated and falling apart.

Perhaps I should post a Thread in the "Nailhead" Forum;)

AS the search continues ????

Regards,:beers:

Last edited:
Oil Pump Screen

I did manage to "Win" the Auction.

I probably overpaid, ($34.00) :confused: due to another bidders intrest, but I wasn't able find a "Vendor" who had this particular Item.

Availability is "Key"

I considered this "Particular" Part necessary for "my Resturation"

I was thinking along the lines of a "repair"
but the screen was just so dirty and oil soaked that making a secure "bond"
would not be possible.

Hey, I look at it

I don't have to "waste" any more money on phone calls and I bought a NOS part.

"Piece of mind" does have it's advantages.

Over and done (Right) with it.

Thats right it's only money and you can always get more of that but rare parts only come around ocassionally, and usually after you no longer need them.

Oil Screen

:waving: Hey Bob, Mark and Jim

Thanks Guys :thumbsup: For You Vote of Confidence and Continued Support.

I was waiting for that particular part. Now all I need is the oil screen gasket and I will be able to put everything back together.:bana:

Try Egge.com for the gasket. They have an entire rebuild kit, but they might also just sell you the screen gasket. Or you could look for an O-ring at a local seal shop.

Gaskets

:waving: Hey Mark

Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

Another member Jim.Ketchem forwarded me a super link as far as Vintage gaskets go

www.bestgasket.com

The Website provides a list vendors of Antique and Classic vehicles of ALL Makes as well as Buick ONLY Vendors.

I find it comes in pretty handy and you are able to pin-point exactly what type of gasket your looking for. It also provides Engine Choices and Identification for Illustrations pertaining to Your Powerplant.

and of course there is always www.olsonsgaskets.com

Last edited:
'56 322 Oil Pump Screen

:waving: Hey Guys,

The Oil pump Screen I got on e-Bay is the wrong size. It is the correct diameter but is not deep enough.:sad:

It must be for a 364.

Does any Fellow Buick Team Members Know where I can get the Proper Replacement.:confused:

I would be much indebited if i could get some leads.:hurray:

oil pump screen

tom; did you try kanter parts? i had my 322 rebuilt in madison will check and see if they know where to get it.my buick back on frame the super is starting to look like we may get it done by spring what a project. bob timmons:beers:

:waving: Hey Bob

How You Doin'?

I would surely appreciate any/all Information or leeds.

It sounds Like you are making fantastic progress on your Super :hurray:

I know it's a L..O...N....G Process and it takes a LOT of Time and $Money$ as well as Patients. Nothing ever goes smooth or as planned :clonk:

Keep up the Good Work.

Hey Tom :waving: ,
Have you found a screen yet?I finally pulled the pan from that old engine I bought for parts.There is an oil pump with screen.The screen is yucky and looks a little bent ,but there are no holes.If you want me to send it to you you can have it for free. Let me know how to get the screen out,or if you want the whole pump let me know.
iddie

Oil Pump Pick-Screen

:waving: Hey Iddie,

At the present Time I'm open to Any/All Options.

I'm Still making Calls for a long list but I'm not having much luck.

Your Gratious Offering seems to be a my only Practical Option at this point.

Removing the Screen without puncturing it can be tricky. It is usually pretty much rusted and lodged in place.

It it the type with a "Goose Neck" that attaches to the Oil Pump with 3 Screws? That's the Type I need.

Check the picture attached to see if it matches up

Hey Tom,
I just got in and the parts are under the unlit carport.I'll check it out in the morning.I believe it's the same type pump that's on my 264 but I'll look to see if there is a number.
iddie

Hey Tom,
The goose neck thingy only has two screws & I think your picture shows two.The number on the pump as best I can see it is 1345182 below that there is either a 10 GM or a 0 GM.The numbers are just a tad worn after 50 years.I can send you a picture so you can see the pushed in part of the screen if you like.
iddie

Oil Pump Screen

:waving: Hey Iddie

If it has a "Goose Neck and 2 Securement Screws, It certainly sound like the "Animal" I'm Looking for.:thumbsup:

The Screen is made out of galvanized material which is pretty rugged. I'm sure the dent can be "pushed out once the screen is removed and cleaned.

Back