263 Alternator conversion

stra8leo

Converting to 6 Volt alternator and need inspiration for fabricating brackets, would love to see what others have done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 18
alternator

leo, I had the generator mount extended. See where the front arm bows towards the front? Had that cut off, another bow made that reached farther towards the front and welded on. Use a piece of all thread, with a pipe spacer, to bolt it on. Been working for eight years.

Ben

They DO make universal mounting brackets that are readily available. In MANY instances I use the original gen. mounting bracket. With a little creativity it can be done.

On another note. How's that A/C working for you Ben???

Tom T.

ac

They DO make universal mounting brackets that are readily available. In MANY instances I use the original gen. mounting bracket. With a little creativity it can be done.

On another note. How's that A/C working for you Ben???

Tom T.
Tom, works great. Still a work in progress under the hood. Always a way to improve. The unit I got from you, which I was afraid might not be adequate, is fantastic. Can not run full force on a 100 degree day.

Ben

Ben,

I'm VERY glad to hear that!!! I DO try my best to give anyone what they are looking for & one of the MOST important things to me is your satisfaction!!!

Tom T.

Back