1962 trunk latches uniformity? interchangeability?

hello i want to buy a trunk latch for my 62 leSabre and there is one on ebay for a full size wildcat. the seller doesnt know if it will fit any other models. like mine. anybody out there able to help me with this? thanks. sb

The '62 LeSabre used part no 4753019 Lock, rear compartment lid. Usage on other Buicks (except wagons or power trunk release) was:

'59-62 All
'63-64 Special, Skylark, Riviera
'65-70 All
'71-72 Skylark, GS

The '63-64 LeSabre/Wildcat/Electra 225 used a different part no. So if the seller's part came from a '62 or '65-70 Wildcat, it will fit the '62 LeSabre.

Many other '59-72 GM cars used the 4753019. Found lots of availability in used/NOS/reproduction on the Net.

Last edited:
thank you Todd! really. i bought the part. not perfect but for a Hundie what can you expect. i've seen perfect NOS go for over $400. well, at least that's what he asked. i doubt he got it but who knows.

can i ask you about the standard antenna? where can i get one for this car if you know? and also if you know anything at all about the ash trays, and brackets that keep them from falling down.

Back