1962 Skylark Master Cylinder

Hello, I posted about how to custom make a system to morph my 62 into a power brake car. For the most part I gave up on that idea. However in the meantime my master cylinder was starting to leak into the floor of the car. This was unacceptable since my 62 Skylark is a daily driver for me, not a garage queen, I drive it everywhere everyday so I went to my local Kragen, Napa and Car Quest to see if they would sell at least a rebuilt one if not new. To No avail, nobody sells them, Kragen Auto Parts does sell a rebuild kid made by Bendex to rebuild the one you have. Its $ 7.00, but I had to pass on it, since their computer says its " Currently Unavaiable " right now. After searching for DAYS, literally online, Kanter Auto Products sells this rebuilt ( 180 dollars with a 60 dollar core charge , you must send your bad unit back to them ) along with many other " If you can find it " Buick parts. Their catalogue is 3 dollars , I ordered one and its well worth it I think.

They are a small outfit in Boonton, New Jersey.

Their number is 800- 526- 1096 , Locally they are at ( 973 ) 334-9575.

Just thought id drop this out there in case others needs resources

These guys can help. Not sure what it will cost. I know they have a good core because I gave them one last week.

Karp's Brakes Service
66 N. Central Avenue
Upland, CA 91786
Phone - 909.985.0800
Fax 909.985.5120
karpspb
at.gif
resleeve.com

Back