1960 buick rear axle

sja68gts

I am doing a torque tube conversion. I installed a 61-62 center section in my rear axle. Long axle on right shorter axle on the left. However the output shaft does not turn when I spin the tires. What is wrong with my center section?
Steve

Assuming that your "output shaft" is your drive shaft, and the other wheel turns in the opposite direction when you spin the wheel, it is probably not a posi, and is just fine. If you hold the opposite wheel steady, then the drive will go to the drive shaft.

I am doing a torque tube conversion. I installed a 61-62 center section in my rear axle. Long axle on right shorter axle on the left. However the output shaft does not turn when I spin the tires. What is wrong with my center section?
Steve
Do you have any pictures of the finished product? Did you use truck arms or four link?

Your question is conf
Steve
using. Output shaft? Spin the DRIVESHAFT. What happens? One or both tires should spin. Both if posi. If not spin one tie. with driveshaft held. the other tire should turn. If nothing happens, maybe you have the short axle in the long tube and is not engaged. Think it through. Good luck.

Back