1952 engine color for a Buick Super Riviera HT.

I know it´s turquose, but I need a kind of International color number. This will allow me to order from a local paint manufacturer such as Akzo or Sherwin Williams. Maybe someone has access to this paint code number. My car is a survivor and was never disassembled. I am removing engine to exchange seals to stop leakings and I want to enjoy painting it.

spray paint

Hello, go to classicbuicks.com That is where I bought mine. Hope this helps you.
I know it´s turquose, but I need a kind of International color number. This will allow me to order from a local paint manufacturer such as Akzo or Sherwin Williams. Maybe someone has access to this paint code number. My car is a survivor and was never disassembled. I am removing engine to exchange seals to stop leakings and I want to enjoy painting it.

IMAG2178.jpgIMAG2282.jpg
Hello, go to classicbuicks.com That is where I bought mine. Hope this helps you.
Here is what I used on my 51 special. Some of the colors available that are suppose to be a direct match I have read are a bit too green or turquoise. I took my old valve cover and tried matching it to several colors that were readily available and this was what I found to be the best match. Not sure if your year and model are the same but I think it is.

A 1948 dealer service bulletin indicates the correct name and number of the paint to be "Motor Enamel, Blue", DuPont #471-1229. This color should be the same for all 1942-52 models and '53 Specials.

1952 engine color for a Buick Super Riviera HT

A 1948 dealer service bulletin indicates the correct name and number of the paint to be "Motor Enamel, Blue", DuPont #471-1229. This color should be the same for all 1942-52 models and '53 Specials.
Thank you. This was the reference number I was looking for. Now, I can go to a painting shop and search for the correct color.

Back