1951 Special Clutch Linkage

outbdnut

On my '51 Special, after dropping in a replacement engine and transmission, I noticed when hooking up the clutch to clutch pedal linkage that what the shop manual calls the "clutch equalizer" seems to have parts missing.(see diagram from manual below).

Clutch-equalizer.jpg

The bearing on the end is missing. The spring inside may also be missing. Where can I get parts for this?......or does somebody have dimensions so I can make a bearing? it looks to be just a bushing that gets greased from the fitting on the housing....or I will also consider replacing the whole equalizer if I can find one.

It appears that this bearing has been missing for some time and the clutch rod adjusted so it still works.

Help!
Thanks!
Dave

The bearing that goes over the pin is Buick part no 1324831 - there are some available here and there on eBay. The bearing consists of two thin steel sleeves with molded rubber filling the space between the sleeves. OD is 1". ID is 1/2". Length is 1". Steele Rubber Products is making them as part of kit no 1390518. That was a Buick kit no with parts to rebuild everything on the equalizer. However none of the original Buick kits could be located.

The spring is a no 1321676 - those are showing as available on eBay too.

I did some searching with those part numbers and the Steele kit is now #70-2029-24.

$53.40 at Steele and $44.00 at Bob's Automobilia

Dave

Back