1950 Buick

Hi, I found an 50 Buick Super needing a new home. I love old cars and this car was in great shape but, the wife believe it needs to set in someone esles' garage. Till then it has a couple of problems that need fixing. I need to replace the speedometer it breaks the cable and the old Dynoflow leaks out of the tale shaft. I hope that somebody can help.

corvettemike

Last edited:
Those the only problems?

The speedometer can be removed torn apart and lubed and that will usually fix it. The dynaflow- well there is a saying: if your dynaflow is not leaking-there is one of two problems 1) you foregot to put oil in it or 2) it has all leaked out. I know that is not much help. My 52 does not leak when I drive it everyday but let it sit, it just runs out the speedoshaft, the tale shaft and down the torque tube into the differential. I drilled an 1/8 inch hole near the end of the torque tube to keep the oil from contaminating the rear diff. I catch the oil, filter it and pour it back in before I drive it.

Thanks;

The speedometer can be removed torn apart and lubed and that will usually fix it. The dynaflow- well there is a saying: if your dynaflow is not leaking-there is one of two problems 1) you foregot to put oil in it or 2) it has all leaked out. I know that is not much help. My 52 does not leak when I drive it everyday but let it sit, it just runs out the speedoshaft, the tale shaft and down the torque tube into the differential. I drilled an 1/8 inch hole near the end of the torque tube to keep the oil from contaminating the rear diff. I catch the oil, filter it and pour it back in before I drive it.

Thanks; that makes me feel better about the leak. That's all that wrong with car. I need to find out how to take at the speedometer.

Back