'02 Radio unlock codes

jrlemke

How do I get the unlock codes for my radio? The dealer tells me I have to bring the car in and have them pull the radio to get the numbers off of it then they will contact G.M. and get the codes. Sounds like B.S. to me. If I replace the battery or it goes dead, I should pull the radio to get the codes? I would prefer to just disable the lock and be done with it. Also, does anyone make a battery box so you can put a standard battery in this car? It's under the back seat so it has to be vented.

Last edited:
Find a GM dealer that will help you, all they have to do is press buttons on your radio to get owner code then they call delco to get the factory unlock codes. The dealer will not do this over the phone with you must bring car in (to prove ownership ) most dealers will do this free ( try to go when they are not as busy ) HTH Your battery should stay where it is at ,under the rear seat . :beers: PS when you get the radio unlocked enter your own unlock code while at the dealer .You DONOT need to remove the Radio to unlock !!!!!

Thanks, i'll give it a try-Jim- ----The battery part, I want to leave the battery where it is, just modify the instilation so I can use a more powerful battery than the OEM. I usually try to use a 900 amp or better, I don't like to walk!

Last edited:
Back