ignition

1. scenexsick

Need help identifying a certain mysterious wire......

Earlier, i had some HEI conversion issues about the exact thing I am going to describe. It turned out that the ignition coil was damaged within the HEI. Now, everything is ran to spec that i know of and still have no idea what the following wire is for....... I asked prior when sorting out the...
  2. T

Ignition Trouble 1970 Skylark

Hello everyone need a little help. So about a month ago I started and issue with my car not starting sometimes, I was like the car wasn't in park all the way so if I bump the gear lever up it would start right up, so I just figured I wasn't getting it all the way in park like I said. Well...
  3. A

How do I start my 1947 Buick?

I have a 1947 Buick Special Series 40 Sedanette with a 248. I am in the process of doing a frame off restoration. Well the body is back on the frame and the engine is in. The original engine had to be swapped with a 248 from a 1950 Buick (model unknown - engine #1338020-7). I am starting to...
  4. R

49 Roadmaster 6V and 12v system combined.

OK i have a 49 Roadmaster and I need 12v for the electronic ignition, Air conditioning and the air-bags. I have no issues with the 6 volt system and it is in prime condition. Having a few mates that are electrical guys we've sat down and nutted out a wiring diagram that gives me 12v and 6v...
  5. F

Ignition / Starter Gremlin!

First.. thanks to those who solved my last problem, the solution was much better than lighting the car on fire... here is a problem I have had for a while and can't seem to figure out.. 65 Riviera.. it is stripped and ready for paint (no dash, interior, nothin..) After putting the motor back in...
  6. S

6Volt Ignition system

Hey, Good morning. I am in the process of getting my 53' Special to run. I have been going over allot of the wiring, replaced the battery and have it on a trickle charger for a 6 volt system as I have not gotten to the fuel system yet. My question though is: When I verify spark by disconnecting...
  7. F

65 Riviera ignition drama!

Maybe someone else has had this problem.. My 65 riv is gutted and ready for paint. It's got a fresh 401 nailhead and as I was putting it back together I ran into an oddball ignition problem. When I put the key in the ignition (which is just hanging) and turn it to run, the starter engages for a...
  8. F

1970 Skylark wont start

I have a 1970 skylark 350 and I just installed a ACCEL - Points Eliminator Kit. Now It wont start after hours of trouble shooting. Here is what I have tried so far: Checked ignition power source its at 6.4V switch on and 9.6V cranking. Double checked timing and wire placement. Pulled all plugs...
  9. 5

'53 Special Key Switch Removal

I just got a '53 45R out of the desert. It had been sitting there since 1969 and hadn't moved. I want to get keys made for the ignition switch. I cant seem to get the front of the switch off to get it out of the dash. This front cover of the switch is chrome and has the Lock, On, and Off on...
  10. G

1992 Buick LeSabre - wont start

I have a 1992 Buick LeSabre, 56000 miles. During cold weather it will start like a dream - during hot weather it has difficulty starting. During hot weather the engine will turn over & over, when it does catch, it will "chug" and shake like its about to stall (sometimes it does). Again, this...
Back