identification

1. T

Straight 8 identification

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this site. I recently acquired a buick straight eight for 50 bucks from our local scrap metal place I have the identification number off the bblock but I havent been able to find a matching number on any forums Ive seen yet. The only thing I know so far is...
  2. C

Help decoding paint number in 1951 Buick Special Two Door Deluxe

I got stuck with the identification of the paint number of our Buick 1951 Special Deluxe. It reads I ABD, probably meaning 1 ABD, as I was used for 1. If "1" stands for the paint number 01, this would mean it's Carlsbad Black. But I can't get the meaning of ABD. Can anyone help me?
  3. T

Need help identifying nailhead by engine number

I am purchasing a project car (1928 Model A) with a Nailhead motor to put in it. I am having trouble identifying what engine size it is. the Casting Number is 13622564. I believe it may have come out of a late 60's Wild Cat. Please Help. Edsel Townsend:finish:
  4. I

vin information

I need all information I can get on this serial number 14856639. Can someone break it down for me?
  5. D

401 or 364?? Will parts be compatible?

Hi guys, Need some help identifying the engine on my '63 riviera. These are the numbers I have found on the engine. The block casting number, located below the distributor is 1173201-15 (which seems to indicate an older 364 engine ('57-60). The head casting number is 1185485 which...
Back